Bowman Engineering & Consulting, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information about career opportunities at Bowman, please tell us about you and your interest in being part of the Bowman team.
We are currently seeking experienced professionals in the following positions:
Bowman Engineering & Consulting is immediately seeking an experienced Program Scheduler in Honolulu, Hawaii. This position will be full-time at the client location supporting a large-scale transportation project. Relocation assistance may be available.
- Develop and maintain CPM-based integrated program schedule for full life cycle utilizing Oracle Primavera P6
- Review and coordinate interface milestones with individual project schedules including contractors’ and external schedules
- Perform monthly updates to program schedule and prepare status reports for senior and executive management
- Lead coordination with various functional managers and contractors to gather status updates, incorporate changes and resolve schedule related issues
- Review, analyze and provide recommendations for contractor baseline and monthly updates of individual contracts within the program
- Incorporate execution plan revisions into program schedule and support approval of re-baseline
- Prepare what-if schedules, recovery schedules, lookahead schedules and provide recommendations for corrective actions
- Provide monthly reports and coordinate with federal oversight agencies such as FTA and FRA
- Represent client in meetings with contractors, oversight agencies and other stakeholders
- Perform cost loading, activities coding, earned value reporting and provide support to monthly invoice process
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or a related field
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in planning and scheduling / project controls / program controls on large-scale infrastructure projects
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Primavera P6
- Experience in using schedule analysis tools such as Schedule Analyzer or Acumen Fuse
- Transit projects experience is preferred
- Certification from PMI or AACE preferred
Bowman Engineers & Consultants, Inc. is looking for transportation construction inspectors and technicians for projects in North and Central Texas.
- Perform inspection of workmanship and sampling and testing of materials to assure conformance to the plans, specifications, and design and planning concepts.
- Accurately record the results of inspections, samples, and tests onto standardized forms in a timely manner that supports the entry of that information into a centralized quality assurance data system.
- Measure and calculate quantities to support progress payments to the contractor.
Applicants holding one or more of the following TxDOT-approved certifications are highly desired.
a. Hot Mix Asphalt Specialist Certification (Level 1B Placement)
b. Materials Analyst Specialist Certification (SB102 Placement)
c. ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician – Grade 1 (Field)
Additional certifications are also desirable:
a. ACI Concrete Strength Testing Technician (Lab)
b. ACI Concrete Transportation Construction Inspector (Field)
c. Hot Mix Asphalt Specialist Certification (Level 1A Plant)
d. Materials Analyst Specialist Certification (SB101 Plant)
e. Relevant certifications recognized by FHWA or State Highway Agencies other than TxDOT
f. Inspection, sampling, and testing certifications from NICET
g. Inspection, sampling, and testing certifications from ICC
h. Work zone traffic control certifications from ATTSA or IMSA
i. Nuclear density gauge safety certification
j. Other certifications and training relevant to the quality assurance of transportation projects.
Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Valid driver’s license with no infractions or restrictions.
Must be able inspect any work on site without any physical assistance except that which would normally be required by the contractor’s personnel, such as ladders or manlifts. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance.