Ross has over 20-years experience as a project manager for rail, public works and land development projects and has successfully delivered major civil infrastructure projects for both public and private clients throughout Texas. He is currently the Deputy Program Manager for the Tex Rail Project from southwest Ft. Worth to Dallas Fort Worth International Airport and previously served as the Principal-in-Charge for the Denton County A-Train Commuter Rail Program. He is a certified Project Management Professional and has spent the last 12 years providing leadership in an extension of staff environment.
A skilled negotiator, Ross is often called upon for his expertise in negotiating contracts, assessing risk, cost and price analysis, developing ways to reduce project costs to meet budgets, and evaluating cost-saving and scope reduction options to bring projects within budget. Most notably, he was one of the lead negotiators on the DART Light Rail Green Line Build-out for Guaranteed Maximum Price negotiations for CMGC contracts valued between $750 and $800M. In addition to his experience on the Tex Rail project, Ross’s portfolio of work includes:
- DART Light Rail Build-out Blue Line and Orange Line Projects
- DART Southeast Corridor Line Section SE-2
- Trinity Railway Express Centerport Station Expansion, Irving
- Union Pacific Intermodal Facility
- Northwest Corridor Line Section NW-1A
- George Bush Turnpike Station
- Trinity Railway Express Retaining Walls and Roadbed
- North Central Corridor Line Section NC-4
- Shoal Creek Erosion Control Project, City of Austin
- Leader Water System Improvements, Lower Colorado River Authority
- Sun City Georgetown Del Webb Development Company
- South Austin Wastewater Treatment Plant, City of Austin, Friendswood Development Company
- Apple Computer Austin Campus, Apple Computer
A licensed Professional Engineer in Texas, Ross has a BS in Civil Engineering and MS in Construction Project Management from the University of Texas, and a MBA from Saint Edwards University in Austin. He served in the U.S. Navy as a Lieutenant, Civil Engineer Corps, and SeaBee Combat Warfare Specialist. He is a member of the Society of American Military Engineers. Ross also has his DBIA certification.